Creating High Performance Teams
Empowering Team Members To Excel
Team dynamics is one of the overlooked parts of a business. Yet it affects so much of a how a business operates, from the individual in the team to the company as a collection of teams to the entire market place.
If a team is out of sync or out of flow, things happen slowly or at worst not at all, accuracy levels decrease, absence increases, motivation is lacking and an unhealthy degree of competitiveness enters the workplace.
Team members make your company’s success and teamwork is your biggest competitive advantage. Teams deliver your customer service, determine your market share and build your corporate identity. Whether they do this well or badly depends on your ability to get the most from your team.
Nature understands the importance of teamwork, as every function in nature is inter-dependent on one another. The crops can’t grow without water; animals can’t survive without food and water. There is an eco-system in nature which works in collaboration to ensure a harmonious existence. Now if only we could get our teams to work in the same way.
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships”Michael Jordan
Unleash your teams potential to help your business thrive rather than survive
Signs of An Underperforming Team
- team members are distrustful of one another
- team members are not able to handle conflict constructively
- the team is misaligned and lack commitment
- there is no compelling vision
- there is no accountability for the results
- the team is not able to complete a project on time and within budget
- the business is losing marketshare and is failing to innovate
Effective teams have the potential to turn around a company. By aligning their expertise teams can unleash their hidden potential and accomplish more than was initially conceived. It is definitely a case of 1+1=3. And yet tine and time again we come across teams under-performing and simply not delivering to their optimal potential.
So why is this?
- Teams are so busy they don’t have the time and energy to reflect on how things are going and if they could do better
- Cross cultural and cross boarder teams with different reporting lines often have different agendas for the success of the team
- team members strengths are not fully utilised
- insufficient trust, clarity and shared goals and a focus on results to tackle the barriers to success
Effective leverage comes from having the right people and resources, in the right place at the right time doing the right thing for the right reason
Benefits of Teamwork
High performance teams rarely occur naturally. They must be created, led and coached. Any real success in this rapidly changing business environment comes from learning how to create and lead more effective teams. And the benefits of a high performing team are:
- variety of complex issues can be tackled by pooling resources
- challenges are exposed to a wider audience of skill, knowledge and expertise
- positive team culture encourages ownership and increases engagement
- innovation and improvement opportunities are more likely to arise
The wisdom in investing in creating Joined Up Teams comes in recognising the teams unique potential to deliver results and in understanding its any benefits both for the team member and the organisation.
“Talent Dynamics has greatly accelerated our performance as a Head Office team. This has been a major contributor to our company growth, with our leading brand doubling in size in twelve months in what had been a challenging trading environment for most.”Helen Urwin
Teamwork improves productivity,
processes and profitability
through the free exchange of ideas, information and knowledge sharing. It is an essential element in any organisation to build trust, improve communication and develop a culture of inter-dependence rather that independence.
Apply For A Complimentary Strategy Consultation
to Help You Unleash Your Business Potential